an account. You can:
Access your saved cars on any device.
Receive Price Alert emails when price changes,
new offers become available or a vehicle is sold.
Porsche Winter Hibernation Recommendations
Get your Porsche ready for the winter season with help from Barnaba Auto Sport, learn how to best prepare your Porsche for the harsh weather. Whether you choose to hibernate your Porsche or continue driving it throughout the winter, get expert recommendations from the people that know best! We’ll go over everything from areas to check and clean to hibernation tips and storage recommendations.
- Clean your garage and Porsche
- Clean wheels and add petroleum jelly to the wheels for added protection.
- Condition the rubber and plastic exterior items for protection.
- Change the oil and oil filter.
- Top off fluids.
- Check tire pressure and over-inflate by about 8 to 10 psi.
- Sweep the floor and dust the area.
- Place carpet squares under the tires.
- Check for moisture, if found place a thick layer of poly sheeting or a tarp on the floor to prevent rust.
- Fill the gas tank with premium gas to prevent condensation and reduce airspace.
- Use SEAFOAM and STA-BIL for the fuel additive/stabilizer.
- Close all air vents and place supplies to repel rodents.
- Cover the exhaust pipe.
- Place desiccant silica gel packs to keep out moisture.
- Use wood or wheel chalk to block the wheels instead of parking brake.
- Connect the battery to a battery maintainer on pulse maintaining mode so it can charge via the cigarette lighter.
- Place cloth between the wiper blades and windshield.
- Roll the windows down by about 10mm to relieve pressure and prevent condensation.
- Use a car cover, an outside one for outside storage or an indoor for indoor storage.